Near South Court Hotel Limerick
Are you looking for a fun, yet competitive activity to do that gets the blood flowing? Then look no further than Munster Footgolf, located in Hurlers Cross, just a 15 minutes drive from the Great National South Court Hotel.
What is Footgolf?
Footgolf is basically a combination of football (soccer) and golf but being more closely related to golf. Played on a golf course-style “pitch”, the aim of the game is to kick the football from the tee into the hole on the golf-green in as few shots as possible. The Munster Footgolf course comprises par 3, 4, and 5 holes to make it as interesting as possible.
What are the rules to Footgolf?
- There is a maximum of 4 players per group
- Only runners (trainers) are permitted
- The furthest person away from the hole plays first (like golf)
- The person with the lowest (best) score from the previous hole goes first
- Players must repair any divots on the fairway and green
- Players must avoid slow play (especially if another group are waiting behind)
- Stay clear of any private property near the Footgolf course
- Play the ball as it lies (no moving it as it counts as another shot)
- Players must play the ball in one single movement
- Players are not allowed to play a ball with the base (sole) of their foot
- There is a stroke-penalty for an out-of-bounds ball
- Only play a ball has come to a full stop
What should I wear when playing on a footgolf course?
As per the rules above, football boots or footwear with blades or studs are not permitted on the Munster Footgolf course. Players should only wear comfortable runners that have a good grip and that won’t slip off. Also, comfortable clothing is recommended – so shorts, tracksuit bottoms, t-shirts, sportswear etc. are advised.
The Great National South Court Hotel is the perfect choice for hotel accommodation in Limerick, where we offer great value rates, a friendly welcome, luxury guestrooms and first class dining options and service.